piled in little groups among my feet
my most precious memories and heart breaking lies
letters and cards from people who love me
poems I've written for people I hate
A teacher's words ringing softly in my heart;
thus it is always easier to write convincingly
about anything but joy.
Happiness poems resonate with pretense.
I dream in color, write poetry, talk about God, parent kids and finally wonder about it all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
January 15th
One year ago today I began to eat differently. It is called the Ketogenic diet and the information is out there for free ...
-
I believe in God, I know, I know...some of you are shocked. Dismayed by the news. How could she do this to us, you ask? An intelligent wo...
-
When Theresa Williams first started blogging, back at the "other" place, she did a fabulous job of reaching out to people and try...
-
I thank my God every time I remember you. Phil 1:3 It is obviously easy to wax poetically about the pending holiday, to point out the things...
mumsy....this one is OLD....late 80s early 90s and at that point in my life there was NO Happiness. Zero.
ReplyDeleteHowever now I have discovered that I can write about happiness and joy. I guess one must experience it first huh?
Comment from ckays1967 - 7/23/04 10:59 PM
hmmm. no, not anymore. disagree here.
Comment from merelyp - 7/23/04 9:19 PM