my current state....LOL



Tamara turned five and we decided to go ahead and start her with the Kindergarten too.

So I am homeschooling three of my six kids; the oldest only has two years left of highschool and the other two children are 2 and 1 years old. It has been so much fun and almost like living out a dream.

Really.

I think I had dreams like this when I was a kid, where I was a teacher, teaching a bunch of kids, but not in a regular classroom and there was all sorts of laughing and chaos. I know I did.

When I was pretty young I use to play school, like other kids played house. I'd make my cousins all sit at little tables and chairs and make them doing witting, math and read books. Now, oddly enough, I am making my own children do the same thing.

We are using an online virtual school. It is fabulous! When we got our books I was surprised to find that they were all brand new, crisp.

All three kids are taking a science class and the school sent science boxes. My mom will love that they are all taking Art, the school sent full art kit boxes, children art books that have all the Masters in them, and even "consumable" poster prints of paintings like, Starry Night by Van Gogh and The Lover's by Chagall.

WAVA even sent a little bag of seeds for the first grade science kit.

The best part? It is public school and all free to us. Yep. Free...part of the public school system we pay for with our tax dollars.

Hot Dog.

Score.

Tomorrow, really later today I am honored to get to attend advanced Youth Ministry training with a four people from my church in Seattle. (Yes, leaving poor Charley with the kiddos all by himself....hahahahahahahaha) I am really excited about the conference and the time to learn more tools to reach the heart of children; it helps with not only teaching Sunday Small Groups, but with raising my own little clan.

Also, in the middle of all this decided to start a Home business, because I am excited about it.

What a life!

xxooxxoo

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going very well... I was worried since I, but... I get it!
    I'm glad you're living your dream. I happy all has worked out for you in his master plan... I knew everything would.
    Know that I'm here for you and your biggest fan. Enjoy...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure look happy in your photo with your daughter. It made me smile to see you looking so happy.
    Iam4th
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to know you and the family are doing well. You still look good and happy. Truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sighed a big WHEW!
    You and the energized bunny are way busy!!!
    I am smiling...TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow sweetie, I had no idea that home schooling would be so inclusive! Yes I am thrilled about the art classes and I am also thrilled about the science classe, which was my second love as a child. Maybe this is why I desect all my murals. You look so happy and my little sake looks as happy. Have a wonderful time in Seattle and fantastic time teaching this year. Let me know how my little Tamara like her first year in school. Did you cry like I did when she walked away from you that first day?

    Love and miss you,

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are having a FUN life! Glad to hear things are so positive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try this again, this is Grandma W not anonymous - love the picture, you both have smiles that don't quit. And wow - the school supplies seem better than I would have ever anticipated. Can't wait to talk to the kids and hear how excited they must be about it all.

    ReplyDelete

January 15th

One year ago today I began to eat differently. It is called the Ketogenic diet and the information is out there for free ...